The Lower Decks take up decks 1-4 of the ship. They lead directly into the Cargo Hold and the Engine Room, and they can be accessed through the Outer Deck in the bow, and through the Upper Decks in the stern.
The Lower Decks are the leaky bowels of the ship. As such, the corridors are jammed with pipes, and are severely rusted, giving them a very industrial feel. Hazardous ruptured steam pipes will also appear here. Different rooms are scattered around, some of which can spawn very important mission items.
The Lower Deck is notable in that it is split into two sections, in the bow of the ship, and in the stern.
Bow Decks: In the bow, the Lower Decks take up decks 1-3. Deck 3 consists only of rooms and corridors, and it is one of the three decks that the player may spawn in. Decks 1-2 lead directly into the Cargo Hold, and they may contain a few additional work-rooms, though Deck 1 is notable for housing the Submarine, one of the three escape-routes in the game
Stern Decks: In the stern, the Lower Decks take up decks 3-4, and they can be accessed by the staircases through the upper deck. Decks 3-4 may spawn a few work-rooms, and they both lead directly into the Cargo Hold, yet deck 3 is notable for being the only point of entry to the Engine Room, which can be accessed through two corridors located beside the two staircases.
Note: The two sections of the lower deck are connected through the cargo hold, so it may happen that the player crosses the two sides of the ship without going through the outer deck.
Mission Items Edit
The Lower Decks are home to many important mission items;
Life Raft Items: Edit
- Chain Spools have a very high chance of spawning in various workrooms, and can spawn in any of the 4 decks.
- Duct Tape has a chance of spawning on benches in locker rooms, or in drawers in work-rooms in any of the 4 decks.
- The Pump can be found in Barricaded Rooms and Power-Locked rooms in the lower deck, though will not spawn in any work-rooms.
Helicopter Items: Edit
- Bolt Cutters have a chance of spawning in work-rooms in any of the 4 decks.
- Gasoline Canisters can spawn anywhere in the lower-deck, in various work-rooms. They are very common.
Submarine Items: Edit
- Welding Kits have a high chance of spawning in various work-rooms from decks 1-4.
- Submarine Batteries have a high chance of spawning in various work-rooms from decks 1-4.
- Fuses have a chance to spawn anywhere in the Lower-Deck.
- The Lower Decks used to have a completely different design, until update v0.9.3.